The following materials can be found at ALL Beaufort County Library Branches in the Local History section.
- 359.9 ALV. Parris Island. By Eugene Alvarez.
- 975.799 BEH. Exploring the Sullivan Tabby Point Ruins: Callawassie Island, South Carolina. By William A. Behan.
- 975.799 DAI. Reminiscences of Sea Island Heritage: Legacy of Freedmen on St. Helena Island. By Ronald Daise.
- 975.799 GRA. Tales of Beaufort. By Nell S. Graydon.
- 975.799 MAR. Remembering the Way it Was: At Beaufort, Sheldon and the Sea Islands. By Fran Heyward Marscher.
- 975.799 MAR. Remembering the Way it Was: At Hilton Head, Bluffton and Daufuskie. By Fran Heyward Marscher.
- 975.799 MCL. Ebb Tide—Flood Tide: Beaufort County…Jewel of the Low Country. By Lynn McLaren.
- 975.799 POL. Port Royal. By Wendy Nilsen Pollitzer.
- 975.799 ROW. The History of Beaufort County, South Carolina: Volume 1, 1514-1861. By Lawrence S. Rowland.
- 975.799 TAY. Historic Beaufort County: An Illustrated History. By Michael C. Taylor.
And don’t stop there! Each Beaufort County Library branch Local History collection contains materials suited to the location of the library. Don’t be limited by the materials on the shelf, search our Online Catalog to find more books available county-wide. Don’t forget that you can check-out materials located in the Local History collections but cannot check-out materials housed in the “forever collection,” that is, the Beaufort District Collection (BDC). Some items may only be available in the BDC.
The Beaufort District Collection is a division of the Beaufort County Library, a department of Beaufort County Government of South Carolina.