Throughout the year, the Beaufort District Collection brings in authors and speakers who address local history, archaeology, Gullah culture, genealogy, natural history and preservation issues. Some programs are held on evenings and/or weekends at various locations within the library system to accommodate working families and middle and high school students.
Next week, the evening of Thursday, August 28th, be sure to come to the presentation about the worst natural disaster to ever strike Beaufort County.We tackle the topic of digital preservation on Thursday, September 4th:
- Do you keep family pictures on your cell phone, Instagram, or digital camera?
- Are you taking steps now to preserve those images for the future?
- Join the Digital Preservation Hobbyist Group to learn about how to preserve digital family heirlooms.
- This free BDC@ St. Helena Branch Library program is open to anyone over age 12 interested in making sure that digital graduation image survives to 2020.
- The Group meets at 2 pm.
- Special focus: Creating useful metadata for your images - so you can easily find them!