With Halloween coming up tomorrow, here are a few suggestions how to scare up a little reading fun:
- From our Local History and Nature Pages, read Ghost Stories of Beaufort County retold by our own Information Services Coordinator, Dennis Adams.
- Come read about all the "Ghosts" in our vertical file available in the BDC. Here one can find tales of the Land's End Light, the Blue Lady of Leamington, hauntings at Frogmore Manor, the Castle, along Bay Street, and a ghost trivia game. BDC only.
- Read the classic, Tales of Beaufort, by Nell Graydon. Copies are available for check-out in all of our branch libraries.
- Nancy Rhyne, raconteur, has stories called "The Case of the Headless Corpse"and "Dr. Buzzard's Coffin" in Tales of the South Carolina Low Country. Her sequel, entitled More Tales of the South Carolina Low Country, includes stories about Edingsville Beach and Dr. Buzzard along with other ghost tales in coastal South Carolina. Copies are available for check-out in all of our branch libraries.
- Coastal Ghosts by Nancy Rhyne tells the tales of "The Eliza Tree" and the "Unparalleled Rides of the Late William Baynard" from Hilton Head Island, and the story of "Daufuskie's Big Foot." Copies available in the BDC, BEA, BLU, HH, and STH.