But we're grateful for even more!
- The BDC staff is thankful for all the fine presenters who've freely given of their knowledge, time, and skills to bring local history, archaeology, genealogy, Gullah culture, and natural history to our customers in 2015, viz.: Dr. Chester DePratter; Dr. Jon Leader; Lilith Logan; Kimberly Morgan; Akosua Moore; Dr. Sue Moore; Meg Gaillard; Matt Newberry; Dr. Eric Poplin; Dr. Larry Rowland; Dave Smoot; Dr. Steve Smith; John Stevens; Charles Wersler; and (last but in now wise least) Dr. Stephen Wise.
- The BDC staff is thankful for the opportunity to help our customers explore Beaufort District's long and storied history in our Research Room, in the Branch Libraries, over the telephone, or by e-mail through our resources, social media, and programs.
- We are thankful for our three docents: Joe Noll, who works with our permanent vertical files; Peggy Cass, who's indexing a section of the Lucille Hasell Culp Collection; and Nelson Brown, who has taken on the task of creating and indexing our obituary files. Each one is working on a project that helps us help our customers better.
- We are grateful for the (anonymous and named) donors who've given us materials to share with others that enhance understanding of Beaufort District's past and present.
- In addition, the BDC staff is pleased to have formed and/or continued our partnerships with the Beaufort Chapter, Archaeological Society of South Carolina; the Beaufort County Historical Society; Coastal Discovery Museum; Georgia Southern University; Historic Beaufort Foundation; Lowcountry Digital Library; Parris Island Historical and Museum Society; SC Department of Natural Resources South Carolina Historical Society; South Carolina Institute of Archaeology and Anthropology; and the University of South Carolina Libraries.
- Furthermore, we are grateful to have been asked to speak about our resources and services to groups at the Coastal Discovery Museum; the Clover Club; the Dataw Island Community Club and the Beaufort Rotary Club.
|From our Donner Collection http://lcdl.library.cofc.edu/lcdl/catalog/lcdl:1844|