29 June 2009

Update #2: SCLENDS and the BDC

I regret that there are on-going problems with records for Beaufort District Collection materials. Not only do I take care of the BDC and local history collections for the BCL, I am a library cardholder in good standing who likes to borrow materials, place holds, and use the subscription databases from home. Paraphrasing Gov. Zell Miller's keynote address to the 1992 Democratic National Convention, [I] "feel your pain."

In the meantime, we will continue with my plan "B":

If you can't find what you are looking for on topics of local history, culture, and environment within the SCLENDS catalog (i.e., those topics that fall within the responsibilities of this department), just give us a call at 470-6525 or e-mail me at gracec@bcgov.net with your specific questions regarding BDC and local history holdings.

We'll do our best to try to help you in spite of the unsatisfying migration.

No comments: